Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cause everything I see is YOU

I'm holding back a lot.

In Sydney, I finally realised how important $$$ is. Everything here is so expensive. You have to pay for everything. I guess the saying of there is no free lunch in this world really applies in Sydney.

the only things I found cheap till now were, mugs(69 cents), nuts($2.00 for a packet), pillows($4.99 for 2) and fish oils($12.99). Yes, these things are comparatively cheaper in Sydney but the rest are sky high. Ok I'm exaggerating, but you know, you would not be used to the prices even if you came from Singapore. Can you imagine those Malaysians, or Thais who are here? I cannot imagine.

Anyways, I was paying my school fees and my mom just had 2 mths -3 mths salary used up in a matter of 3 minutes. yes. one minute per month. I feel so bad. So I'm going to push myself for this degree.

It seems the locals here are very much a friendly bunch, on the surface la. But I guess that is still better than being mean on the inside and outside. Sigh. I miss Singapore's uncouth, unfriendly(sometimes), humid weather. Notice I said, Humid, not hot. I love the moisture in the air in Singapore due to my dry skin and stuff, but not the heat. The temperature here, on the other hand is cool. Just right, so yea. I guess you cannot have the best of both worlds, it just does not work on this planet I guess.

I went on a city tour with the Singapore student association, forgoing the Singapore Yr 1 medicine faculty's outing to the botanical gardens. I hope they still invite me to stuff and stuff and stuff.sigh. I did make a few, erm, acquaintances. (PS: I don't really like using the term friends so loosely. I don't know, its just me I guess). The city there, is huge. When I'm on break and stuff, I probably would want to go there and walk around aimlessly. It is really really big.

You can tell, I'm probably, more of an urban rat. I cannot handle crowds well, but I need the movement. I need the bustling activities, the many people walking around, the sounds and sights of different people/vehicles, the numerous malls and stuff to explore. Oh my, I was actually blown away by the amount of things in city. Cannot wait for my breaks and stuff. heh. When i travel, I don't dig the sightseeing part, but when I'm in a place like, Tokyo, or Hong Kong, where you can see many people walking around, scurrying around, I love it.

I gotta show you some pictures I took. But be warned, I took only 2 pictures. HAHA






this here is a Beer opener thingy, with a kangaroo scrotum as the handle. I guess, the kangaroos here do not enjoy the same privilege a cow is entitled to in India?








this here is a person playing the harp. I was intrigued by it greatly, I mean its a harp. HARP.U know those ancient greek times, where the people play the harp for the gods and stuff? I forgot the god of music. Is there one in the first place? I thought there was. I was skyping with nao and cow, and their reaction the my sentence of, "i tell you i saw someone playing a harp!" was a unanimous, UH HUH?. well, I guess I'm weird enough to be intrigued by this.


Ah. And I had chinese food. I have to tell you, I miss Chinese food already. Like, sweet sour pork(gu lu rou), my kou rou pao, my hae mee, herbal chicken. Oh god the things here, bread, wraps, bread, warps, burgers, fried chicken, burger, fried food. -.- not very...

School is starting soon, and my mom would leave on the third day. Guess I have got to make more friends to help me along this journey. HAH. And fret not, I'm trying, albeit, the method might be a little wrong. But, I'm just built that way. I guess, its a take it or leave it thing right now. heh.

and Please L2 people, sydney in december? register your interest yea? Cause Noeleen will be here. heh. It would be fun I will plan it. (CITY everyday. heh. ok maybe not a few days beach and sight seeing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home